30 August 2010

36: Fresh Green Potato Salad and Green Bean Pasta


A refreshing potato salad to perk me up after a long and gloomy Monday...



For this salad you will need,

6 small red potatoes
1 tsp chopped Parsley
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cucumber chopped (medium size pieces)
6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Baby spinach
Black olives, crumbled feta cheese and a vinaigrette based dressing

Boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes until lightly soft (you do not want the potatoes to become mushy). Peel the potatoes (or leave skin on) and cut the potatoes into halves. Season the potatoes with the olive oil and chopped parsley and salt. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss the salad. A wonderful and refreshing salad for a summer day...

Green Bean Pasta.... I came up with this recipe as I had a lot of green beans at home and wanted to make a whole meal with it. I have always made green bean casserole and was looking for something different. This recipe is just a result of me trying to play with different  flavors.


You will need,
1 cup cooked pasta (I used the bow tie pasta)
1/2 cup blanched green beans (green beans cooked in boiling water for 3-4 mins)
6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
5 pieces of sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
5 cloves of garlic
5 Tbsp of Olive oil
grated Parmesan cheese

Grind the sun dried tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, the red wine vinegar and 3 Tbsp of olive oil to a paste. In a pan heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil and add the remaining cloves of garlic. Add the blanched green beans and salt to taste and stir for 3-4 mins until the beans no longer have a raw taste. In a large bowl mix the pasta, the ground paste, the beans and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

Love the freshness of these recipes and I must say I have a new found love for cherry tomatoes. I find myself using them in almost everything I have been cooking lately.....from salads, pasta, omelets, to sandwiches....they just are great with everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails