12 September 2010

40: Weekend Brunch: Poached Eggs on Potato Hash and Spinach


Hope y'all are having a bright and cheery Sunday...I am back to my routine now after the break and sadness of getting back to a normal routine....

I decided to start my weekend with some yummy food to give me the feel of being on a vacation...what better to have than poached eggs...


I wanted to share a really easy way of making poached eggs...I always was scared of poaching eggs....just because it truly is an art to poach eggs just right...However, I learned a really easy way to make them from a friend who was chef in his previous life :)

Poached eggs in the microwave...how easy can it get..for this you will need a microwave safe cup (I used a wide and short coffee mug). Grease the inside of the mug with butter and then gently break an egg into the cup. Now cover the cup with a small plate and place in the microwave. Microwave the egg for a total of 60 secs in 20 sec intervals. Make sure you are around to check the egg after every 20 secs. After 60 secs, take the cup out of the microwave and leave it for a few minutes to cool. Then gently scoop the egg out with a large spoon and Voila!! you have a perfectly poached egg :) Ain't that real easy.. a great idea for lunch too, you can easily make it in your office kitchen.

I served the poached eggs with a homemade potato hash and spinach. For the potato hash, peel two medium sized potatoes and grate. Add salt, cayenne pepper, and one Tbsp flour. Mix well. Heat a pan and lightly butter the pan. Form a patty with the potato mix and fry on the pan until both sides are crisp and well done. Place the potato hash on the plate and top it with a slice of muenster cheese and the poached egg. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the egg.

Saute chopped spinach with salt and garlic powder and serve with eggs.



Poached eggs and homemade short stack of pancakes... who says I am back from my vacation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails