19 September 2010

49: Egg & Spinach Stromboli


Stromboli is usually Italian bread filled different kinds of meat or vegetables. I decided to make a simple  breakfast variant of this dish.

Pre-heat oven to 400 F. I seasoned pizza dough with olive oil and some basil. spread the dough into 4 squares. Brush each square with some beaten egg. Sprinkle some pepper. Place a slice of cheese (optional, I used Muenster, as I that was the only cheese slices I had at home), some freshly washed spinach leaves, a boiled egg cut into half. I topped it off with some fried prosciutto.


Now cut the sides into thick strips with a spoon and fold both sides so that the strips overlap each other.


Brush some egg over the Stromboli. Place the Stromboli in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with some slices of tomato.


Have a wonderful Sunday y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails